My top 10 favorite things in no particular order.
1. Farm Girl Flowers – If you’ve never heard of it. Don’t google the photos. Instagram it. They are seriously the most beautiful bouquets EVER! I’m really not a flower person…but gimme one of these and I’ll be smiles all day. Here is a link to their IG.
2. The Organic Bunny – This is a fantastic site for all of your beauty needs that are safe, organic and non-toxic. They have everything from skincare to makeup to nail polish. I have rosacea, and I have come to love and rely on the rosacea-specific line by Osmia. Here is a link to the website.
3. These shoes by Pearl Izumi – They are specific for trail running, but I absolutely love them for hiking. 100% of the time that I’m hiking, I’m baby-wearing too, so it’s really important for me to have reliable hiking shoes. I will continue to buy this exact shoe when my current ones wear out. *Update* I JUST found out that Pearl Izumi is discontinuing their running line. Insert all the tear-faced emojis. I would suggest that you buy these shoes up now- like I’m going to! ha! Here’s where you can find them.
4. Tula baby carrier & the Snugli hiking backpack- Speaking of baby-wearing and hiking with kids, we like this hiking backpack and this baby carrier. I like that I can wear Cali on my back when she’s awake and feeling adventurous, and I can easily switch it around to be belly-to-belly when she’s sleepy. The Snugli hiking backpack is just that- snugly. Oakley has fallen asleep in it too many times to count. It also has a large storage pocket, as spacious as a backpack, on the underside. Here’s where you can find the Tula and here is the other.
5. Lavanila deodorant – I’ve tried 83765495 aluminum-free deodorants, and this one is by far my favorite. One application in the A.M. and I’m set. They’ve also recently started selling it at Anthropologie which makes it convenient for me to grab if I’m needing it asap. Here’s a link to the Lavanila website.
(Side note, I FINALLY got Dave to make the transition to aluminum-free deodorant… he likes this one from Native. It smells manly, and Dave says it actually works really well. holla!)
6. Babytrend Expedition Double Jogger- When I was pregnant with Cali, I was fixated on buying a double jogger. I researched and researched. I, obviously, wanted the Bob double jogger, but yall. That thing is so expensive! I ended up getting this one around the holidays for 125$ on Amazon. I couldn’t beat the price, and honestly, I haven’t looked back. It spaciously holds both kids, the seats recline, the front wheel swivels (which I love), and it’s super easy to fold and light enough for me to pop in the back of our truck. I’m sure the Bob is awesome, but this price of the Babytrend is way better.
7. Vitamix Blender – I have wanted this thing FOREVER…mainly for Acai bowls. If you’ve ever made acai bowls at home, you know that consistency is key. They say it should be the consistency of soft serve ice cream (so that you’re not eating acai soup.) Try getting frozen acai packs to that consistency with a standard blender… no go. The kids also LOVE smoothies on the regular. Thanks to mi madre, I got this for my birthday last year, and it truly is the best blender. You can find a factory refurbished one here.
8. Ozo coffee – Coffee addicts here!! After moving to Boulder, this place quickly became our favorite coffee shop. The coffee is, quite literally, the best we’ve ever had. The good news? You don’t have to live in Boulder to get it!! You can buy 1 or 5-pound bags on their website. Our personal favorite is the Organic Mexico El Triunfo. Here you go!
9. Chatbooks – You’ve probably seen an ad or 2 for these. My friend, Jess, introduced me to Chatbooks. I was forever on the quest to find a good way to organize my photos into tangible books. This app lets you do it SO.EASILY. It prints small, 10$, 60-page books directly from your Facebook, Instagram, or phone photo album. You can custom-make them, or you can have them autofill & print automatically once the 60 pages are filled. When you make them from Instagram, it can also include the photo caption. Oakley loves going through these photo books with us. Here’s the link.
10. R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶ Adventurous Getaways – Of all the gifts, this would probably be our fav- for obvious reasons. Ha. Right now we’re on this Glamping kick… think Airbnb with an outdoorsy twist. Next week we’ll be Glamping in Costa Rica. We are SO STOKED. If you’re looking to give the gift of a romantic and adventurous vacation this Valentine’s Day, check out GlampingHub for some amazing ideas!
Happy Valentine’s Day, friends. May you be surrounded by loved ones, may you be celebrated, and may you find the true love that only One can give graciously, unconditionally and endlessly.